Monday, June 16, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 31

16 de junio, 2014

Well this week was my first week with Elder Rios. And what a week it was. We have been working our tails off. 

So I will start with Wednesday. Well actually from Monday to Wednesday, the temperature has been through the roof. It is by far the hottest weather I have been in. I am burnt to say the least. But anyway me and my comp were heading to a investigators house when this giant rain storm came out of nowhere. Literally. We looked up and there was not a cloud in the sky it seemed like. But we were not expecting it and we got completely soaked. And now I am a little sick. Just a cold. Most of it has passed. And my comp got sick. But that did not stop us from the work. We also found a new investigator that will probably be baptized at the start of this next month. 

Saturday and Sunday were awesome. Saturday a lot of our appointments fell through so we went over to centro and started contacting amidst the hundreds of people that were walking around. It was so much fun. It is like something you see from a missionary movie. I sat down to get my shoes polished and I contacted this guy. Turns out he was a member but had not gone to church in a long time. So we talked and taught him and he gave us our shoe polish for free. Cool Beans. Something very special also happened Saturday that I will never ever forget. When we had interviews, there was an Elder we talked to that was in my area about a year before me. He told us about this woman that owns a bakery that we should go talk to. Her name was Maria Esther. Me and Elder King kind of forgot about it but I saw her name written in my planner and we made time to go see her. On the way there I realized who this person was. We had talked to her husband before and he said she was no longer interested and she did not want anything [to do with the church]. I realized this on the way there and I told Elder Rios. He asked me if I still wanted to go. I stopped and I really thought. I was overcome with the feeling that we should go. I knew that this woman was in need. So we went. Her husband was there and he said that his wife was sick and that we should come back another time, but then right away me and my companion were like, we can give her a blessing! The man was like no no no it's ok. But then we heard a woman calling for the man. He left and came back and told us to come in. So we did. We saw this little old woman, probably in her 60s. She looked a little rough. She told us to sit and she told us about the past missionaries and her past experiences with the church. It brought her to tears. She started telling us how bad she felt because the missionaries had not come to see her in a while and how she had been praying for us to come. We told her that we were led there by the spirit and we wanted to give her a blessing of health. She accepted and I offered the blessing. We could just feel her trembling and crying as we gave it. It was so special. After she testified that she knew the church was true and that she was going to church the next day. This experience has truly increased my faith. God does love us and he hears our prayers if we are truly sincere and we have good intentions. I love Him. I love working for Him. I love being a representative of His son. 

Well I have to go. I hope you all have a great week and that you all remember that God loves you and hears you. He literally knows you and wants the best for you.
 
I also love you all.
 
Elder George

1 comment: