Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 32 "David Smith..."

23 de junio, 2014

Hey guys! 

So what a week. 

So Monday night, I found out I would be going on changes for a day with an Elder from a neighboring area. Elder Román. He is from Peru. He is pretty funny. But Tuesday, it was super hot and I got really burnt. My nose is just done for. We finished working that day and we ordered these things called Mamelas. I am pretty sure I already told you what they were. They are pizzas made out of Tortillas. Super yummy. But that day Elder Rios had a District Leader thing he had to go to and he did not get back till 12, so we just stayed the night there. Wednesday, we had District class and then we had to go to Paraiso, Oaxaca. We had to do a baptismal interview for a mom and her daughter. It went very well. It is very pretty there. And then Thursday also, we found out that we had to leave our area and go to Mina, Veracruz because my comp had to sign to renew his visa. So while he did that, I stayed with Elder Andersen. Poor guy. He had just found out he had had tapeworms for 5 months and the doctors gave him some stuff to get rid of it. And it required him to be in the bathroom almost all day.... So I just studied and slept and stuff all day long while he suffered on the toilet. So that was my three days out of my area. We did not get to do a lot in our area this week. 

So we got back to work in our area on Friday. It was a good day. We challenged a lady to get baptized and she accepted. Her name is Italiana. It is a very weird name. We also had a family home evening with a less active family. They brought a friend and she tried to give me a kiss on the cheek. It is just a polite thing everyone does here to the women. But we, as missionaries, cannot do that. So I had to deny it. I felt really bad because the rest of the night she was super awkward around us. She was like 17. 

Saturday, we had a sister give us money to go and buy some food. We went out to eat some Mexican style Chinese food. It is not as good as American style. The lady there was very Chinese and she was struggling with Spanish a lot. I started to realize how easy is was for some of us missionaries. But it is because we have something she does not. Gift of tongues. The spirit. Also, we visited a member that asked me about alpacas and why we do not eat them. Whenever I tell someone about the alpacas, they always ask if we eat them. It is because the people here eat everything that moves. I swear. 

Now to explain the title of this weeks email. We ran into a drunk on Sunday afternoon. He was very drunk actually. He asked us if we knew Joseph Smith. We said no, not in person. Then he said that he did. We were kind of confused. He said he was 7 foot tall and they were friends. Then he asked if we knew David Smith. We were like uh...... who is that. He then got super angry and was just astonished that we did not know who he was. Then he started to get a little aggressive. He asked us if we had like a boundary around us that he could not cross. And then he got right up in my companion's face. I would have punched him if he did it to me. Then we got out of there. 

Well that was my awesome week. I hope yours was great. Mexico is awesome. I love it here. I love serving. I love all of you. 

Elder George
 
This was a really sketchy bridge over a poop river.

This is Elder Rios

It started raining all of a sudden one day and a sister let us borrow her really girly umbrellas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment