10 junio 2014
¿Que tal?
Hello everyone! I had a very eventful week!
First off, I have reached the 8 month mark in my mission. Feels like no time at all.
Monday night we made brownies in the church to celebrate. They were so good.
Tuesday we had District Class, and after we had a
little get together/ fiesta type thing because the next week was
changes. So we brought brownies and the sister brought cookie cake. It
was a good time. Also Tuesday is when it just started pouring out of no
where and we got soaked. Just drenched. And it really has not stopped
raining until today.
Wednesday we got a call from a young man in the ward
saying that he wanted us to come and talk with his friend. so we did.
He was 17 and we started teaching him the 1st lesson about the
Restoration. It went super well and i challenged him to pray and if he
received an answer, to be baptized. He accepted. We got super excited
and we asked for his address to go and visit him and his family. Then
came the disappointment. He did not live in our area. So we passed the
reference and moved on. It was a bummer but at the same time it lifted
our spirits.
Thursday we had a family night with Abish and her
family. I brought all my muffins and cookies. They loved it. They had
little things to cut out cookies and it was so much fun. i am going to
have to send pictures next week because the computer is being stupid.
sorry.
Sunday we got a call from the Zone Leaders telling
us that Elder King was leaving. It was sad and happy. But they also said
he was being replaced by Elder Rios. I started getting so excited
because I was going to have my first Mexican companion. So monday
morning, I sent off Elder King. Then I waited for a while with some
other Elders until Elder Rios arrived. We saw a bunch of Elders come off
a bus, including Elder Clarkson who is now in my zone, and there was
not one Mexican. I was like wait, this can not be right. Then the
whitest American came up to me. His name tag read: Elder Rios. So that
was that. Another Gringo. From Utah might I add. It was pretty funny. We
all got a laugh. He is really awesome though. We get along great.
Well thats all from me! Have a great week. Love you all. Hasta Luego.
Elder George
No comments:
Post a Comment