28 de septiembre de 2015
This week it has rained every day. But just at night time so by the time
we leave in the morning, the humidity is suffocating. But I'm used to it
by now. I've learned to put up with it.
I was not
able to have my interview with President Morales but next this week he
is coming to a town close to here called Balancan and on Thursday we are
going to see him there. I'll tell you all how it goes next week.
I'm very excited for Conference. I hope everyone is preparing themselves for this weekend.
This
week was 10x better than last week. We found 15 new investigators to
teach. We worked very hard and were blessed for our efforts. We also
have been preparing someone to get baptized this Friday. His name is
Ismael Gonzalez. He is 86 years old. Reminds me just like Grandpa
Dawson. But Mexican. My companion and me have been able to relate to him
very well. He has never been very religious but when his wife passed
away about 6 years ago, he went into a depression of sorts because he
felt that that was it. That he would never be able to see her again.
Since then, he has lived alone, grieving her death. We found him like
that. But since we have arrived and told him that families are eternal
and that he will be able to see his wife and sons and daughters and
other loved ones after death, there has been an obvious change in him.
He now has faith and hope of seeing his wife again. I love this gospel. I
know it's true. I love seeing the blessings and hope it brings to the
family.
There was also a funny incident with
my companion this week. There's this man here in Tenosique that walks
around all the colonies and preaches in the streets. But when he
preaches, he screams and we can't really understand him that well. And he
is pretty old. Maybe like 60s or 70s. And I'm pretty sure he gets drunk a
lot. But one day, we were on the way to an appointment and we see him
on the street walking towards us. He stops in front of us and takes my
companion's agenda out of his pocket and pointed to the picture that my
comp had laminated on it. It was a picture of President Thomas S.
Monson. The man pointed at him and said, This is Jesus Christ. He paid
for my sins.... And then he gave it back and walked away. We just
started laughing and walked away. Maybe the man could see Jesus through
His prophet. Who knows.
Well I do believe that
there will only be two more of these emails until I will be talking
with you all in person. That will be a great day. But its still time to
focus on saving souls. So that's what I'll do. Love you all so much!
Elder George
Beautiful Tenosique
No comments:
Post a Comment