Monday, September 14, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 96 "Cambios"

14 de septembre de 2015

Well this week were changes but in our companionship, there were 0 changes. Elder Davis will remain as my companion until I depart from the mission. And I will remain here in Tenosique. It really made me happy to hear the news. Elder Davis and I really get along well. I'm not going to be able to finish his training but it will be all right. There was changes in the other companionship that lives with us. The Dominican, Elder Vizcaino got shipped off to another part of the mission and we will see who the new missionary at night. I am super pumped and excited to start this last transfer of my mission. I promised my companion to stay diligent and obedient and more important, I promised the Lord. 

This past week, we had a Conference with President and Sister Morales. It was a good way to get us hyped and ready to start out the transfer with desires to fulfill our purposes as missionaries. And they bought us Burger King. It was so nice. I hadn't had fast food since I was in Villa. 

We had a very spiritual experience this week contacting. One night, it was late and we were booking it home and I just had the impression to talk to this guy sitting in his smoothie store. He gladly accepted an appointment to return the following morning. When we got there, we got to know him a little bit and taught him the special message of the Restoration. It was exactly what he needed to hear. He accepted everything that we told him because he felt it was true. His name is Hilario Ramos. He accepted to be baptized on the 26th of this month and to receive the Holy Ghost the following Sunday. The whole time he just had this look of amazement. Right as we finished the closing prayer and as we were about to leave, he told us to wait. He had a question. He looked at us almost as if he were about to cry and asked me if that the night before, I had been inspired to talk to him. I told him yes and that the Spirit told me to. He sat there for a couple seconds and then said that he knew that we are messengers of God because only the day before we contacted him, he had decided to change his life. To give up alcohol and to give up his love of money. He told us of his desires to serve his fellow man and to help the poor and the needy. That's why he had opened up that little store in the first place, to give the money that he made to the poor and needy. Then he told us that he knew that he was on the right path listening to us, and he said that he knew that we could help him. So that really increased my testimony that the Lord is still preparing people to hear my voice and that I cannot stop speaking with everyone I see, no, not until the end.

I also had the special opportunity to see over live streaming, the re-dedication of the Mexico City Mexico Temple. President Eyring presided with Elder Holland and some other 70s here in Mexico like Arnulfo Valenzuela and Benjamín de Hoyos. ( I have met them both). I have a new love for the temple and for the blessing it is to have temples. Especially here in Mexico because before the people had to travel all the way to Mesa, Arizona to have these ordinances done. But now they have temples within a couple hours from their homes. I got to see all three sessions and they were all so special. Elder Holland spoke three times. Pure power.

Well I have a full week ahead of me to work and work and work. And you know that's what I'm going to do. The heat is not as intense because the rainy season has started here. So it should be a great week. I love you all so much! 
 
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment