Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 99 "GIVE BROTHER JOSPEH A BREAK"

5 de octobre de 2015

That [the title of this letter] was one of my favorite phrases in conference. I have heard a lot of bashing on the prophet Joseph Smith here in the mission. I am glad for the opportunity to testify that he is the prophet of the Restoration. But for real though. Give him a break people. 

This week was very busy. We had a good solid two days of work on Tuesday and Wednesday and on Thursday, we got to see the President and his wife and the assistants. I am not going to share what went down there. I have felt inspired to share what happened in my coming home talk on the 18th of October. So if you want to hear about that day, I invite you to be there. 

Also this week was General Conference. I was touched by Elder Holland's talk and the importance of my mother. I love her. I was able to get a lot of good tips and counsel from Elder Hales for when I get home. Looks like I won't be able to come home and just date all through my 20s just to have a good time. I love that man. I felt like this Conference, there were many inspired questions that were asked to us for the purpose of inner inspection. I hope all of you took the challenge of Elder Lawrence and asked yourself what is keeping you from progressing. I sure did, and I testify that the spirit will tell you what you need to do, because it told me. Please pray for the prophet and heed his counsel to KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. In this there is safety and peace. 

Today, I was able to visit the ruins of Palenque again. I went with my companion for his first time. He really enjoyed it. I kind of meditated the whole time I was there. The first time I went, I was a completely different person. I look back on myself and there is a change that happened somewhere here on the mission. I have been truly converted.

I turn 21 years of age this Wednesday. I still feel like I am 18. 

I love you all so much and cant wait to be able to talk to you in my awkward, broken up English. You all should get a kick out of it. My companion sure does. 
 
Elder George
 
 In Balancan for the Interviews with President. There's a Crocodile infested lake behind us.

My last trip to Palenque. I'm going to miss that place. I need a new belt....

No comments:

Post a Comment