Monday, October 12, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 100 "God Be With You Till We Meet Again..."

12 de octobre de 2015

I'm not going to lie. I'm really sad to be leaving here. I'm going to miss being a missionary so much. This place has become a part of me. Many tears have already been shed and I think there will be more. But I thank my Heavenly Father for the time that He has entrusted me with and I hope that He has accepted my 2 year offering. I gave it my all. 

This past week, I had my last Zone Class. I was asked to share a spiritual thought and the closing words of the Class. I got kind of emotional. I just shared a scripture and something from Preach My Gospel that I really liked and that had helped me in my mission. This Sunday, I bore my testimony and I also got emotional. I guess it is just finally sinking in that my time is ending. 

Today is my last full day here in Tenosique. I will travel tomorrow morning to Villahermosa and there I will have my final interview with President and there will be a little presentation and devotional and dinner. I'm very excited for that. It's going to be very hard saying goodbye to my companion. We have grown so much together in these past couple of months. He has become a brother. Elder Davis. 

Wednesday morning is the morning. It's the day I will be saying goodbye to Mexico. Hopefully not for too long. I kind of promised people that I would come back some day. I hope to be able to keep that promise. 

Well I can now say that these really have been the best two years of my whole life. I will always remember them. It's coming time to apply the things I have learned. I love you all so very much and thank you all who have been so devoted in writing me and supporting me in my time here. 

Elder George, over and out.


One of my favorite families here in Tenosique. Andres (16) is such a stud


An awesome family bought me a cake for my bday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment