Monday, August 31, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 94 "Elder D. Todd Christofferson"

31 de agosto de 2015

What a spiritual week I have had. It was a good boost to be able to hear an Apostle in real life while I'm ending my mission. It gave me a lot of strength and motivation to finish my mission on a good note.

Here is the story of my journey to Coatza. Sunday night, I traveled two hours to Palenque and stayed with some elders there to be able to catch the bus early Monday morning to Coatza. We slept on the floor. The next morning, we wrote briefly and then boarded the bus. It stopped in Villahermosa and we picked up some missionaries there and then we arrived at Coatza. That bus ride was about 6 hours. Very exhausting. Monday night, we were assigned an area to work in and a member to work with us. We went out and visited until it was time to sleep. We stayed in one of the missionaries houses there....on the floor... Then the next morning, we reported early to the stake center and got to our seats. Of course they put me in the very back. I was so mad. We waited for like 30 minutes and then Elder Christofferson arrived. A spirit of love just entered the room. I wanted to cry. Then every single missionary went row by row and we shook his hand and also his wife's hand. It was very special. Then another authority that came spoke, Elder Venezuela of the 70. Then Elder Christofferson' wife, and then Elder Christofferson. When he got up there to speak, he called President and sister Morales up and he just pointed out to all the missionaries. He said, Aren't they just wonderful? President and Sister Morales were bawling. Then he gave the time over to all of us and said if any of us had a question, we now had the time to ask an Apostle of the Lord. There was a silence for a couple seconds until the hands started to go up. There were some really interesting questions asked with some incredible answers. But one of my favorite things that he said to us was about expectations. He said that when he was first called of course he accepted, and then he realized all the expectations that people have of an apostle. To walk on water and things like that. But then he had a penetrating impression. He felt the impression to forget about himself and what others thought and just serve with all of his heart and then the miracles would occur. At the end, he also gave us a blessing. Just the words he used when he blessed us gave me so much courage and spiritual strength. Leaving that meeting I felt like I could do anything. I know that that man is called of God and was sent to speak to us for a purpose. I love my leaders.

Well I have like a month and a half or something like that. September is my last full month here in the mission and I feel that it is going to be my best month. I am going to leave it all on the field. Man I am going to miss being a missionary. Love you all so much, 

Elder George


Said goodbye to a great friend\missionary today. Elder Smiley. He goes home in two weeks. 


My ZLs worked with us for a day this week. Elder Alejandro was my comp

No comments:

Post a Comment