10 de agosto de 2015
My companion helped me with that header. Hehe.
So this
past week was a very special one. On Tuesday, all the trainers had a
special meeting with the President and the assistants. It was way
awesome and spiritual. After that, the President had us go into a room
where all of the new missionaries were. The trainers sat apart. The
process of pairing the new missionary with the trainer here is very
special. President never told us nor told the new missionaries who their trainers
would be. All he did was call a new missionary to go up to a stand, read
a letter that he had written to his future trainer, and then the
trainer who felt, through the Holy Ghost, that that new missionary
would be their new companion, would stand up. Then President would tell
that missionary if he was right or wrong. So it was kind of a big deal.
We had to be in tune with the Spirit. So they started one by one sharing
their letters, and then their trainer would stand up. Some of them got
it right and some no. How embarrassing. Then there were only three left
and I was still waiting to stand up. Then Elder Davis (the only American) got up to read his letter. He expressed his love for his
family. When he did that, I just felt anxious and I just felt the need
to stand up and run and give that guy a hug! So when he finished I stood
straight up and President looked at me and nodded his head. It was an
awesome feeling. When I went up to the stand to greet my new companion,
the President asked me how I knew. I just pointed to my heart and told
him that I felt it.
Later on that day on the 4
hour bus ride back to Tenosique, I got to know a little bit more about
my companion and how the Lord knows us perfect and He knows who we need
to be with. Elder Davis is the youngest of 5 and has 3 sisters and a
brother. And it is all in the same order as our family. That was kind of
crazy to hear. He also doesn't know a lick of Spanish. So that's fun. It
is going to be awesome. But he is ready to learn and to baptize so that's
what we are going to do. He is from Colorado. That's pretty cool. My
first white companion from a different state than Utah.
We
had many spiritual experiences this past week. I wish I could tell them
all to you but I will wait till next week to do so. This is going to be
a great way to end my mission. I love you all so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment