Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 85 "George de la Selva"

 29 de junio de 2015

Oh man this was a crazy exhausting, but spiritually uplifting week. 

Well since Tuesday when I last wrote you all, many things have went down. And I will start off on Thursday.

Actually on Wednesday, we got the call that a 70 was coming to town to go on a tour of the mission. He was going to make three stops. On Thursday is when he came to Villahermosa and spoke to my Zone and also 3 other Zones from around Villahermosa. It was Elder Ernesto Toris. He is a amazing person. I know for a fact that he was called of God. He spoke with such power and authority. The spirit was incredible. He talked to us a lot about our teaching skills and asked a pair of missionaries to go up and teach him the First Vision and then invite him to be baptized. President hinted at Elder Lopez and I, so went went up there and did it. I was pretty nervous I admit, but when we began teaching I could feel the spirit very strong and it helped me out a lot. Great experience.
Also at the end of the day, he chose some missionaries to have a personal interview with him. I was chosen as one of the elders and so I went into a room and I had the opportunity to talk with him and get to know him a little better. He asked me about the mission and about what I thought about it. He also asked me what I thought that the mission could do top be better. It was awesome. I cant even describe what I felt in that interview.
That same day at night, I got transferred. So I traveled with one of the secretaries. But I wasn't going to my area just yet. We were going to Palenque where the next location that Elder Toris was going to visit. I had to be there because that was going to be my new Zone. So that night I stayed in Palenque.

Friday, I got to hear from Elder Toris again. It was even better the second time I swear. He even used me in some examples and he asked me to explain some things. I also was introduced to my new companion, Elder Alejandro. He is super awesome. He has 10 months in the mission. He will be Zone Leader with me for this next transfer. 
That same day after the meeting, I had to go back to Villahermosa because we were going to have Leadership Counsel with Elder Toris on Saturday. 

Saturday was a super spiritual day also. In the counsel, we went over things that we are going to change in the mission so that we have more success and so that we work harder. Then we were able to finally go back to my area. We got there at 8 at night. Just in time to get settled in and go to bed. 

Sunday, we had a baptismal service at 9 in the morning before the sacrament. meeting. It was awesome. A young man named Gabriel got baptized. He is 15 years old. Super prepared. I also was able to get to know the area a little more. I am literally in the jungle. George of the jungle. thats me all the way.

Anyway, my testimony this week was strengthened a lot. My testimony in our church leaders has been strengthened a ton. I know that every single one of them is called of God. He really loves us. 
Love you all! Hear from you next week!
Elder George
 First baptism in Tenosique!

 Elder Alejandro and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment