Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 87 "Agua Azul"

14 de julio de 2015
Well let me start off with an apology for not writing yesterday. There was no internet signal here in Tenosique all day yesterday. Not until night time. So I had to wait until today.
 
This week, I was super busy. President put my companion and I in charge of planning and directing a special Zone Conference. President and his family was going to be there. So we were busy all week planning that and we were just constantly on the phone. But everything went really smooth. The activity was Saturday. The whole Zone got together and we had a little reunion with President and then after that we went out and worked with the members and did visits. We visited investigators, less active families and recent converts. It was awesome. Then after, the President took us the a place in Chiapas, Mexico called Agua Azul. They are these  waterfalls that are gigantic and the water is blue and crystal clear. It was so beautiful. Then we went and ate at a seafood place. I ate a large grilled fish. It is called Mojarra. It is very popular here. Then we headed back to our areas.

This week, we had an interesting experience. First off, I live with another companionship here in Tenosique. Elder Garn (From Utah) and his companion who he is training Elder Vizcaino (From the Dominican Republic). One morning, we were studying and all of a sudden, Elder Vizcaino got up and went out to the little balcony that we have. Then he walked in a few minutes later saying, LOOK WHAT I CAUGHT! He had some wild bird in his hands. It was huge. We were like, How in the world did you catch that thing!? He told us he snuck up on it and snatched it. Then he told us that he was going to cook it and eat it because it was like a delicacy in his country but we did not let him. We made him let it go. I love that elder. He is so innocent.
 
Well I will a picture or two. I will send a picture of Agua Azul next week because I don't have the pictures yet. Love you all.
Elder George



 It was Elder Garn's two year mark so we bought him a birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment