Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Villahermosa: Weel 86 " 'Murica "

6 de juilo de 2015

Well happy 4th of July. I hope yours was better than mine. I had to have a little celebration by myself because my companion is Latino and he just doesn't understand. 

This week was pretty superb. We had the opportunity to work in our area a lot. When I was in Villahermosa, the secretaries and assistants were always asking us to do stuff for them but now that I am very far from there, I can focus 100 percent in my area which is really nice. I love it here. The people are so humble and down to earth and so ready to accept the gospel in their lives. 

Also this week, we had the Zone Class. It went super well. My companion and I have the biggest Zone in the whole mission. It has the most missionaries and it is the biggest area. Also, it is the coolest Zone because it has some really awesome ruins. But anyway, we had the Zone Class on Friday, and for the hymn after the halfway point, we sang the National Anthem... One of the missionaries in the Zone suggested it because it was going to be his last Zone cass in the mission and the next day was the 4th. SO we did it. It was hilarious. 

My companion got sick this week. He woke up one morning with a fever and a pretty bad sinus infection. So that morning we went to the doctor and he gave him an injection and he was going to need to go back once a day for 4 days to get the rest of the shots, but the hospital is really far away and we weren't going to be able to. So the doctor told me that I was going to have to do it! ME! So he gave me what I needed to give the shots and taught me how to do it. I was like no way. But I did it. I gave my companion the last shot on Saturday and he is feeling much better now. And if you are wondering where I gave him the shot, it was in the bum...

We just got the announcement today that we will have a special conference with President and his wife on Saturday. We are going to have a little meeting and then he is going to take us to the ruins here in the Zone. They are in Palenque. I have already gone but that was in my first area. I am really excited to go again. So I will send you a lot of pictures this next Monday!

I love you all and I love this work. The things that I am learning, I will take them and cherish them for the rest of my life.
 
Elder George
 
 The picture we took after Zone Class. Those are my missionaries.

Picture of some baby iguanas that I found in the church.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment