23 de junio de 2015
So I only have a little bit of time to write because crazy things have been going on around here. And everyone needed our help these past couple of days and we have gotten absolutely nothing done in our area. But I guess thats life.
So I am just going to tell you all the events of these last couple days.
Sunday
night, we got a call from the assistants saying that we did not have
transfers and that me and Elder López were going to stay together again
for another transfer. We were super pumped. I feel like I have never had
this type of unity with a companion.
Monday,
we got a call very early telling us to go to the bus station and to take
charge of the transfers that were going on. We got there at 7 in the
morning anf left at about 5 in the afternoon. That took a lot of steam
out of me. Then the assistants called and told us to go back to the
offices because the new missionaries arrived and they needed some help
with them. So we got to the offices and there they were. There were 16
of them that arrived. The assistants told us and some other missionaries
that came to go out and work with them until it was time and then to
bring them back to our house to sleep. So just as we were about to go
out to work, President came out of his office and said, Elder George, I
need to speak with you in private for a couple minutes. My hurt sunk in
that moment. I was like, oh no what did I do wrong? Everyone was staring
at me with that expression like when someone gets in deep trouble. So I
went into his office and he told me that he had a special asignment for
me. He told me that I was getting transferred to a place here in Tabasco
called Zapata. There, they are joining two Zones together and they want
me to be one of the Zone Leaders there. I accepted of course. Then he
told me that I needed to pack my things and that I would be leaving any
given day of the week. Whaaaaaaaaaaat.
So that
was crazy. Today was also crazy. We got yet another call telling us that
our help was needed in the Training Meeting for the new missionaries.
So we went. There, we were asked to give demonstrations of some of the
teaching models and of some of the lessons and invitations that we do on
a normal basis. We left all of the news in awe. They were like, How
does it come so easy for you guys!? But we told them that we were once
in their shoes and it just takes practice and experience. It was a cool
experience.
Also I had a very interesting
encounter with one of the new missionaries from Arizona. So I was just
standing there after all the meetings while everyone was eating and an
elder came up to me and told me, So you are Elder George. I was like, Do
I know you? He told me no but that he had heard of me and read my blog.
HAHAHAHAHA. I was like, HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU FIND MY BLOG? And he
told me that before his mission, he had posted on several of his social
media sites that he was going to Mexico, Villahermosa. He told me that
one of my cousins (I'm not sure which one) posted on his status that
his/her cousin was also serving there (ME). And he/she posted the link to
my blog on his status. And he read many of my entries. And then after
telling me that, he gave me a hug and told me thanks. He told me that I
had really helped him get excited for the mission because at that point
he really wasn't. I about started crying honestly. I didn't think my
emails back home had such an impact. But I see the Lord's hand in it. I
knew in that moment that the Lord made my email get to that missionary
to help him. Oh man, He works in mysterious ways.
Anyway,
next week, when I write you all again, I will be in a different place. I
have never been over by that part of the mission. I hear it is super
hot and full of jungle. Cool. You all will be receiving lots of cool
pictures. I love the mission. Love you all so much!
Elder George
No comments:
Post a Comment