Monday, June 15, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 83 "La Venta"

15 de junio de 2015

So this week is going to be a little short. I apologize. Its because today I went to a cool park here in Villa called La Venta. I will send lots of pictures. 

But I would just like to mention a cool event that occurred. We got a call from President telling us to report to the Stake Center for an important meeting. I was a little surprised because it was not time for a Zone Class or a Leadership Conference or anything. So we went and when we got there, the Stake Center was empty all for a couple of sisters standing in one of the hallways. When we walked past them, they stopped us and asked us if we were the Zone Leaders and we said yes and they told us that they had been waiting for us and that they wanted to talk to us. So we were like What? But then they introduced themselves as the Stake Relief Society Presidency. We sat down and they started telling us about a giant stake missionary work activity that they were planning for the beginning of July and how they wanted to work together with us. And so for about an hour, we were brain storming and coming up with some great ideas. It is going to be kind of a open house in the Stake Center. It is going to be great. Those sisters are so awesome. We are going to have great success. So in these next couple of weeks, we are going to be helping these sisters bring to pass this activity. I will tell you all how it goes. 

Anyway, I will send you all the pictures of La Venta. I hope you enjoy! Have a great week! Love you all! 
 
Elder George
 
 This picture I took outside of the park right after. This Iguana was just chowing down on that mango.

 The famous Olmeca head

 One of my favorite pictures of the day. A spider monkey stuffing its face. 

 A pretty cool bridge.

 These little Rakoon like creatures were all over in the park. They are known to steal your food in a very sneaky manner. 


 This is one of my favorite ruins there. This guy just seemed so chill.

 There was a giant bird cage with a variety of bird life. 

 I thought this sign was kind of funny.

 Another favorite ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment