Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 80 "Casamiento y un bautismo"

25 de mayo de 2015

What a week. For real. We were everywhere. 

Well starting Tuesday morning, we got up super early and went to Ocuiltzapotlan with Ana and Guadalupe and a member who took us. We went there for the wedding of Ana and Guadalupe. It was super special. There were three couples that got married that day with the help of missionaries. I will send a picture.

On Wednesday, I had to leave the area to go to Hidalgo which is a little town in Villa to do some baptismal interviews for the missionaries there. So I spent some time with a missionary from Honduras (Elder Betancourth) and an elder from Guatemala (Elder Gonzalez). They are really great missionaries. Elder Betancourth goes home in a week. He is finishing off his mission strong. That's how I want to finish mine. Their investigators got baptized on Saturday. Also that same day, Elder Lopez stayed in our area and our DL came and did the interview for Ana and Guadalupe. They passed of course and were very excited. 

On Thursday was the baptismal service of Ana and Guadalupe. Everything just went super perfect. It was very well planned. A ton of members showed up to support them in the grand decision. They asked me to do the ordinance. And I agreed of course. We made lemon ice cream afterward to celebrate. It was a great day

On Friday, we had interviews with President. I love hearing from President and his wife. They are truely inspired and they teach us exactly what we need to hear. I left from there very excited to get back to work. 

Saturday was the only normal day we had the whole week. But it was good. We were able to find a lot of new people to teach. 

On Sunday, Ana and Guadalupe were confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. President was there with his family. It was the first time that he has come to his own ward in a while. And he came on a good day.

Well this next week is going to be full of awesome experiences. I can just feel it. I am having the greatest time here in Mexico. You have no idea. Sharing the gospel brings true happiness. Happiness that will never go away. I am never going to forget the experiences and the memories I have made here. And the friendships. And you better believe Im coming back.
 
I love you all. Have a fantastic week.
 
Elder George
 
When they got married!!!

Baptism of the Lopez Canto family. There is  child missing here that was sleeping.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment