20 de abril de 2015
Family!
This week, I have gained a testimony on how
pozol saves lives. For those of you who have not come to know what pozol
is, I will explain. Pozol is a drink here that comes from way back,
even from the times of the natives here. This drink consists of corn
that is later made into this kind of dough, that is also used to make
corn tortillas. And once it is made into the dough, there is different
ways to make the drink. You can add coco, peanuts, and even coconut. Or
you can use just the pure dough. Anyway, then you take the dough and put
it in a blender. In this step, there is a variety of things you can
add. Some people add water, some water and milk. Others add horchata.
Then you add sugar. Some put in sugar, some don't. But I like it with
sugar. Then you add ice if you want it cold. I prefer it freezing cold.
Then you blend it all up and serve it. This drink not only takes away
your thirst, but it also fills you up at the same time. It may sound
disgusting because it is basically ground up tortillas with sugar and
water, but it is a life saver here in the heat and that is the truth. I
will send a picture of me drinking some that the sister that gave us
lunch today gave us.
Ok now that I have shared
one of my favorite things of my mission, I will explain a little of my
week. Well this week, we had a special conference with President. It was
awesome. He stressed about the contacts that we do and how they lead to
having baptisms. So he accompanied a couple of pairs of missionaries
while he assigned me and my companion to go out and contact with other
missionaries that were having trouble with their contacts in the Zone.
So he sent me to Reforma, Chiapas for a day to help the Elders in that
area. Its in a different state. It is about an hour and a half away from
Villa. It was a really good day. I felt that I was able to help these
missionaries understand the importance of contacting and I felt that
they had more confidence in doing it when I left the next day to go back
to my area. I love an opportunity to help and teach. Because not only
do I get to help out other missionaries, but I also help myself and I
learn a lot.
Well halfway through the change
and things are just going great. This past week, I dont think I saw a
single cloud in the sky, and the temperature got up in the hundreds, but
it was a great week and I cannot complain. I love this place. I am
going to miss it so much. I love you all and I pray for you all every
night. Have a great week!
Elder George
Me making mango pop cicles with a sister from the ward.
López and I just chillin.
Drinking pozol. I was very sweaty.
No comments:
Post a Comment