6 de abril de 2015
It is so weird not to get a weekly letter from Allison anymore. I enjoyed reading her emails. Oh well. I bet she is doing well at home. Has Alec gotten home yet? I haven't heard anything about him. And where is Johnny going on his mission? I am pretty sure y'all told me he got his mission call.
Oh man. What a crazy week I have had. I
love my new calling. I love working so close to the President and his
assistants. I am learning so much. It's an incredible experience. I can
feel my spiritual growth continuing. Man I love my mission so much.
What
a huge blessing it was to hear from the Prophet and Apostles and all
the other church leaders. I remember before the mission how much I
looked forward to conferences because it was an opportunity to sleep in
on Sundays and we did not have to leave the house. Now I look forward to
it for a completely different reason. This whole week, my heart yearned
for the opportunity to hear the voice of the prophet and to receive once
again the confirmation of knowing that the heavens are not shut and God
still talks to His servants here on earth. I love the General
Authorities of this church. They are such a strength for me. I just
wanted to give each one of them a hug of appreciation after hearing their
talks.
This Saturday night, I took some time
to really ponder and study about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Especially His resurrection. I honestly cannot describe in words the
gratitude that I feel towards my Savior for what He has done for me and
for my family and for all the people that I love. The testimony of
Elder Holland on Sunday really moved me. I know he is a Apostle of Jesus
Christ. I hope that all of you were able to feel the spirit as you
listened to the words of the prophet and the other church leaders and
were able to make goals to change your lives and put them more in
harmony with the Gospel.
There was one pretty
funny experience I had this week with my companion. Elder Lopez is
trying very hard to learn English. More than any other Latin companion
that I have had. He asked me how to say that he had gas. I was about to
tell him when he answered his own question. He said would it
be, 'I'm farty?' I literally died there in the street. I am going to use
that phrase more often.
Well I love you all
very much and I can't wait to tell you about what awesome experiences I
have this next week in my mission. Stay true to the faith!
Elder George
No comments:
Post a Comment