Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 74 "38 grados"

13 de abril de 2015

I am completely fried. My sunscreen does not have any effect on me. And it is HOT!!! It got up to 100 today, and with the humidity, the heat was incredible. And it is just starting!!! I have never experienced heat like this in my life. When I return in a couple month is when the heat stops and the rains start. So I just have to deal with it for the rest of my mission. Let's go!

This week was great! We went on divisions twice with some Elders that have not been working very well and that have been a little disobedient. I had the opportunity to go to their areas and to help them out. It was a really good learning experience for me. I helped these missionaries better their teaching skills and I helped their investigators come more unto Christ. We had a great lesson in one area and their investigators accepted a baptismal date for the 18th of April. It was very uplifting for the Elder I was with and I felt that I left that area having helped that missionary feel the spirit of his calling. I love being a Zone Leader. It is very difficult and draining, but the spiritual experiences are increasing ans I feel even closer to my Savior. 
 
This week, we were also able to have a baptism. Ronny was baptized and confirmed this week. We found him my second day here in Villa and he was very prepared. He went to the General Conference and he had a very spiritual experience there. He accepted being baptized right off the bat. He will be a great member of the church. 

We also had a couple interesting events that happened this week. First of all, someone busted into our ward building. They broke the back door down and entered, trying to get into the clerks office, but they could not. So they vandalized the whole church with ketchup. It was a mess, but they were able to get it all cleaned up and ready for Sunday. It really disgusted me that someone would do that. They even vandalized the pictures of Christ. It just made me hurt inside. But they will be judged. And I fear that that day will not be pretty for them. 

Also this week, we were on our way to do divisions when we passed by the stake center and there was a man laying down outside of the gates. As we approached, we found that he was abnormally thin and pale. Then a fear entered into us that he was dead.... Because it did not look like he was breathing and he was laying in a puddle of yogurt and his eyes were wide open and he did not respond to us. So we were like uhhhh what do we do. So we called an ambulance. They came and we found out that thankfully he was not dead and that they were going to take care of him. What a relief. We pass by many drunks laying in the sidewalk completely passed out but this guy was different. I was glad that we were able to help him.
 
Well that was my crazy week. This week will be even crazier I believe. I will send some pictures here in a sec. I love you all. 
 
Elder George
 
 My comp making a silly face.

 Ronny's baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment