1 de abril de 2015
I am alive! Sorry I did not have time to write on Monday or Tuesday. I have been super busy. And that is the truth. I am only going to share with you all these past couple of days because I still don't have much time.
Well on Sunday night, I got the phone call at
like 10 at night saying that I had transfers. I was very surprised. I
was already going to leave Acayucan. I had a very short stay there for
the second time. But on the phone, the assistant told me that I was to
report to Villahermosa and my new assignment would be given to me there
along with my new companion. So at 7 in the morning, I was out of
Acayucan and on my way to Villahermosa.
So when I got to the
bus station in Villa, they sent me to the offices and they said there I
would receive my new calling. So we went and when I got there, there
were tons and tons of missionaries. I ran into one of my old companions,
Elder Gomez. It was nice seeing him again. So after hours of waiting,
one of the assistants called me out and told me to come with him. So he
took me into the Presidents office and there he started to talk to me.
He told me that the President has a lot of confidence in me and that he
thinks that I can help out a lot of missionaries with my experiences and
trials that I have had in the mission. Then he asked me if I would
accept the calling of being Zone Leader in Villahermosa, area Espejo. Of
course I agreed. And then he introduced me to my new companion, Elder
Lopez. We have the same amount of time in the mission. He is a great
guy. He is from Guanajuato. So for the rest of the day, he filled me in
on our responsibilities and who is in our Zone and all of that good
stuff. We have 34 elders and sisters in our Zone. Including all the
assistants and secretaries from the offices. I have to admit that it is
kind of intimidating having the best of the best in my Zone but I am
confident that I can do the job.
So these past couple of days
were super busy. Yesterday, we had leadership council with the President
and his wife. It is for all of the Zone Leaders and the Sister Training
Leaders. It was so awesome. The spirit was incredible. And President
bought us Carls Jr. That is the other thing that is awesome about my
area. We have everything. Fast Food and Malls. I have never had an area
even close to this. And so today we had Zone Class where I had the
opportunity to teach and help the missionaries of my Zone to get excited
about the work and to work even harder. It was a great class.
I
am very excited about these last 6 months of my mission. The Lord is
requiring a lot of me and I am going to give Him my all. I love the
mission so much. And I love all of you. Have a great week.
Elder George
Breakfast appointment with Elder Enriquez y Aguilar.
Half of a habanero down the pipe. (I lost a bet)
No comments:
Post a Comment