Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 63 "La Chamba"

26 de enero de 2015

This week has been full of ups and downs. I mean full. Everyday was a struggle. But I believe we came through as victors this week against the forces of the devil. This week I really realized just how hard Satan works.
So this week we got to know some workers at a clothes store here. They are super awesome and super prepared to hear the message of the restoration. Their names are Maritza, Abril, and Gabriela. They are all in the 20s. There is a young man that introduces us to them in our ward that is preparing to leave for his mission. He has been helping us teach them also. He is great. Anyway, so my companion and I felt inspired to talk to them about baptism and they accepted. All of them except Gabriela who has a lot of doubts about the church and is a strong catholic. But the other two accepted right off the bat. So through the week, we saw as the Devil began to do his work. He came in forms of friends and family, thoughts, and fears. All forms. But we also have been visiting them constantly and have been fortifying them against the influences of the adversary. They are going to get baptized on the 14th of February along with another person we found named Manuel. He is the brother of a convert that got baptized in December. He is super prepared. There is also an investigator here that has been receiving the lessons for years. And the Lord helped us touch him through His spirit and he is getting baptized the 7th of Feb. It will be in a river.....
I forgot to explain the second picture I sent. That dog followed us around all day long on Wednesday. Literally all day long. It sat outside of peoples houses and waited for us to come out. We named it Piña. It followed us back to our house that night, but in the morning it was nowhere to be found. I will miss that dog.
Well I love you all. Hope you have a splendid week and enjoy the freezing weather. It is a little cloudy here but still super hot some times. I have gotten used to it.

Love yall

Elder George


That is my companion fast asleep in the rocking chair. This was in our food appointment. I worked him super hard this week....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment