Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 62 "La Caridad"

el 19 de enero de 2015

Well hello there everyone. 

This weeks letter is going to be a little short. But I have my camera and I will send pictures. I just wanted to share with you all something that I am working on.

So in the first week of this transfer, I asked my companion what his goals were for the 6 weeks that we are going to be together. He said that he was going t work on being more obedient and diligent. I told him that I wanted to love the people more. And so that is what I have been working on. It is hard though. I mean it is not hard to love the people I already know like the members and the people we already have that we are teaching. It is hard to love the people that we talk to on the street. The people we contact. And we contact like 20 people a day. So I have been studying ways to help me with this. I read in Moroni 7 which is very powerful and in every single one of my prayers, I have asked God to help me have more charity and help to develop this Christ-like attribute. I am coming to understand that when we see these people as children of God and when we care about them more than ourselves, they become interested in what we have to share. It is incredible the difference I have seen just in these two weeks. I don't just say the same things over and over to every single person now. I try to get to know them. Know their problems. Know what they like and dont like. And then be able to teach them and help them according to their necessities. It has made the way we work a lot more effective because we are bettering ourselves and the effect is being able to share the gospel with more and more people. My testimony has grown a lot in these couple of weeks and I can not even imagine what it will be like when I get home. I know I lack a lot but I feel like I have grown also. 

I love you all very much. I love the mission and the blessings that it brings to my family and me. I love my God and His son Jesus Christ and for the tests that they have given me that have helped me be more patient and loving. Have a great week. 
 
Elder George
 
Right after I destroyed a Piñata. I also broke the stick.....

My favorite members in the mission by far. I learned so much from them and I will never ever forget them. They are the first people I will be visiting when I return.

Brother Marco and part of his family. He is the coolest brother from Dos Bocas.

Another picture with Hna Lily and her grand daughter Aaime.

Too much fun.

My last day in Dos Bocas, we made the cookies and the brownies you sent me. We had fun.

Hermana Vero and her family. They are awesome members also.

Cravemaster and me right before I left him.

I look diabolical but I was actually very happy in this moment. This was my first night in Arrocera. I ate 3 panuchos, 1 memela, 2 empanadas, and a fried banana covered in creme and cheese. And it was less than 5 bucks. Of coourse I am going to get fat here.

This is my young compañero. But he is very smart and has grand desires to be here in the mission.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment