Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Villahermosa: Week 61 "Memelas"

13 de enero, 2015

Hey Family!

Wow what a crazy week. I have felt very weird here. It is just like when I was in Acayucan like 6 months ago. I run into people I knew and members from the other ward like every day. It is crazy. But I like it.
 
Here in Arrocera, it is all poor people more or less. There are very few people with lots of dough. Which is completely different from my last area where a large portion of the people were very wealthy. It has been a big change but it has been a good change.
 
So I am not sure if you all remember, but there is a very popular food here. They are called Memelas. And there is a place right by our house where they make them and they make them good. Long story short, we have ordered from there the 5 out of 7 days I have been here. I am going to get very fat here. But it is soooooo worth it. And I have returned to the home of the hills. There are so many in our area. I am so exhausted by the end of the day. I am going to have to get used to it again. 
 
As far as the work here, there was not much..... We have a lot to do here. This ward needs a lot of help. The missionaries that had been here before me really have not been the best and they did not leave a good example for my new comp. So we are going to make a huge effort to help this ward and all of the people here. 
 
Well I am in a place where I cannot send pictures. So next week we are going to search for a better place to write. I love you all and I love this work. I look forward to get all those letters you all sent. It will be a great day. 
 
Have a great week. 
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment