31 marzo 2014
Mom wanted to know a little about my new area here in Acayucan. It is smack dab in the city. I like it a lot. There so much to see and to do and to buy! I just love it. I want to come back here after the mission. But it is a smaller city. Nonetheless its the city and there are a ton of homeless people. And pigeons. And drunks.
Now about my week. This week was full of firsts for me. There was 4 and I will explain them all.
1.
I Built A Fort. So at the beginning of the week, we could not sleep at
night because it was so darn cold. We found a thermometer and it read 91
degrees one night. So we decided to built a fort outside on our back
porch to escape the heat a little. We got all of our sheets and fans and
stuff and went to work. It is beautiful. It was the first time I have
slept outside here in Mexico. The mosquitoes were pretty bad but we put
our fans where they would just blow them off. So now we sleep much
better.
2. First Baptism. There has been a little girl we have been visiting named Abish. She is 9 years old and she is ready to be baptized. But she has an Aunt who is extremely Catholic. And she keeps on telling her not to. And telling her things that are not true about the church. So we told Abish to pray sincerely to God and if she asked with faith, believing she would receive an answer, she would get one. So this Sunday morning, we saw Abish at the church and she came up to us and she said, I am Ready. I almost cried. So we are having the first baptism this ward has seen in a long time next Saturday.
3. My First Talk Here. So Sunday we showed up to church and we were sitting at the door greeting people and we were about to go sit down because the meeting was about to start, and then the Bishop ran up to us. He was like, Elder George, we forgot to give the assignment of a 3rd speaker! Can you do it for me? I said, Wait when? Today? He said yes. So I accepted and then started to panic a little because usually I need a little time to prepare a talk in Spanish. But no. So the first speaker took 5 minutes and the second took 10. So there I was with 20 minutes to speak. I only had time to write down a few scriptures. So I got up there and said what was on my mind. When I went back and sat down with my comp, I asked how I did. He said fantastic. I looked at my watch and I had actually gone over by 5 minutes. Whoops.
4. My First Kiss.....
It is not what you think hahahahahahahahahahahahah.
So
we were walking to a appointment and a old drunk man came and asked us
for money. We explained how we live pretty poorly and we do not have
money to give. After that he just said God Bless and then he gave my
companion a handshake and then he grabbed my hand and just wouldn't let
go. I tried to jerk away but nothing happened. Then he took my hand and
gave it a big juicy kiss. I swear he shoved my whole hand in his mouth.
My companion just lost it and we walked very fastly away from there. He
said, Aweeee Elder George got his first kiss in Mexico. Then he said, I guarantee it will not be your last. Oh great.
Well that was my week. The highlights at least. I
hope everyone is doing great and loving life. I am loving it here in
Mexico. It is a great place! I am taking my family here often! Love all
of you!
Elder George
No comments:
Post a Comment