24 marzo 2014
Wow. What a week.
So. The heat has come. It is so hot here. It got up to a hundred yesterday with the humidity. Ridiculous.
Well
I got changed on Tuesday morning. Headed to Acayucan on the 4 hour bus
ride from Villahermosa. Got there and met my new companion, Elder King.
He is pretty awesome. We get along great. He also has a passion for
basketball. That was a big plus.
So our area is struggling. big time. A little while
back, there was some things said by the Bishop that a lot of people did
not agree with and they stopped coming to church. A lot of people. And
the missionaries before me and Elder King have not really tried to help
out or do anything about the problem. So we are basically starting from
scratch here. We do not really have any investigators and there are a
lot of less actives. The ward just needs a boost. So this week we have
been visiting like crazy. We have visited a lot of less actives and
have taught them and we have invited them back to church. We have also
been asking them if they have anyone in mind, like a neighbor or a
friend, that we could teach. This method have been very successful so
far. We have found a lot of new people to teach and almost doubled the
church attendance. I can not help but see the Lords hand in this. We I
saw the chapel almost full for the first time this ward has seen in a
long time, I almost cried. Actually I might have a little bit.
Sorry I did not share a ton today but we do not have much time. I will send pictures from this week. I love you all! Un Buen!
Elder George
| Saying goodbye to these goofs at the bus station. |
| Our friend that lives outside our house in Acayucan. |
| The view from the roof of our house. I am basically a professional photographer. |
No comments:
Post a Comment