Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 17 "Pues si pues‏"

10 marzo 2014

To all my family and friends,

This week was super good. We had a meeting with our zone on Tuesday. As a surprise, President Morales showed up. I love that man. He is so great. He shared some things and so did his wife. Then we got mail. The zone leaders are always like why does Elder George always get so much mail!? I got 7 letters. Mwahahahahah. It made my day. 6 from Sara. I enjoy reading her letters so much. I also got one from Alexa! Muchisimas Gracias! We visited a Investigator named Raquel. In her prayer she asked God to bless us with the strength of a Buffalo. I tried not to laugh.
 
I have started reading the book of Mormon in Spanish every day. 1 chapter or more. There is a promise by the prophets. If you read the Book of Mormon in the language you are learning, you will be able to speak the language fluently when you finish. I am taking that challenge up. I found out that I was going on changes with Elder Liljenquist from Parilla on Thursday. He is having trouble with his companion.
 
I arrived with Elder Clarkson to the house of Elder Lil and Elder Gomez on Thursday. Things were bad. They were yelling and shouting and throwing things. Elder Lil said they almost fought. Then Elder Gomez went back to his room. So Elder Lil told us, yeah he blames me for putting salt in his juice! We asked him if he did. He was like um........ yeah. We just started laughing. Put then we switched companions and we started working in Parilla. It was a really good day. Elder Lil was super happy.
 
We had an interesting encounter with the husband of a member on Friday. He has been inactive since he was 17 and he is like 45. But we were teaching their family and he walked in. He was WASTED. He started shouting in my companions ear. He wasn't trying to hurt him or anything. He was just asking if we were his friends and we said yes. So then he invited us to eat with him. He had some mondongo (which is cow stomach) in soup. It is so disgusting. So we whispered to the sister, just give us a little bit. So she did. We sat down to eat with him and he had his huge bowl of mondongo soup and we had our little bowls. Then he was like, why do you have so little!? Here, have some of mine! Then he proceeded to dump his whole bowl of soup into ours. My companion just said to eat it and do what he says so he does not get violent.So we ate the nasty mondongo and got out of there.
 
Saturday we got up and right away Elder Clarkson said he was not feeling good. So he slept in a little longer while I did my studies. Then we went to an English Class we teach at the church. He had to leave 4 times to use the bathroom. After the class he went and passed out on some chairs in the chapel. So I started teaching myself how to play the piano. Then I woke him up and told him we needed to leave to get to our lunch appointment. So we did and we got there he ate a little and he got really [nauseous]. Not sure if that's how you spell it. Oh well. But he could not walk home so the sister gave us a ride and I called the Bishop who is the mission doctor, to come over. He did and turns out he has an infection in his intestines. It could be worms. So the Bishop gave him something to flush them all out of his system. So he took his medicine and he went to bed. So I studied for the rest of the day. Sunday morning he felt better and he has been feeling better each day since. So that is good.
 
There is only a week until changes. Everyone thinks I am going to leave! But tonight I celebrate 4 months in Mexico! Yay for me. Maybe I will buy myself a pack of cookies.
 
Well I hope and pray that everything is good back home. 
Love everyone of you!
 
Elder George

Me and my mail!!

Me and my dinner......I was making that face because it almost jumped out of my hands.

Me and Elder Liljenquist
 

No comments:

Post a Comment