3 marzo 2014
Hey Fam and Friends
I do not have a lot of time this week but I will make the letter next week long and juicy. I promise.
I just wanted to share an experience that I had that really touched my heart.
We were with a recent convert family. I was talking
to the son that had just gotten baptized. His name is Guillermo but
everyone calls him Memo. He is so cute. So we were talking and he
started to cry a little bit. I asked what was wrong and he told me that a
friend of his at school offered him coffee and he drank it but he did
not know it was coffee. He asked me if God would forgive him. We began
to explain that after baptism, we still fall short. We still sin. But
that is why we have the power to repent and partake of the sacrament.
Also the other son named Miguel who is 11 years old told us a story
that brought tears to my eyes. First off you should know that this
family is super poor. They live in a house made of tin sheets. It is
probably the size of our living room or maybe a little bigger. But he
told us that he gets made fun of a lot at school for being poor. He told
us of one occasion. A group of kids where making fun of him for not
having a bathroom and were saying really bad things about their family.
He says he feels really bad and worthless. But he says whenever that
happens, he just goes to the bathroom and reads from his Book of Mormon.
He said that it brings the spirit and the strength to move on and to
feel better. He has already read it through and has started it again. He
is 11 and has been a member for 3 months. He is an example to me and he
does not even know it. The faith of that little kid is amazing. I will
always remember that experience.
I hope that everyone is going great and I love all of you a lot.
Elder George
No comments:
Post a Comment