21 abril 2014
Well hello once again from Acayucan. This week was really good. But this week I am going to send more photos and write a little less because I did not send photos last week.
Well there was an earthquake. I did
not feel it but I think my companion did. I sleep in my hammock above
the ground but he sleeps on a matress on the ground and it hit at night.
I had no idea but the next day we heard all about it. There was no
damage at all which was a good thing.
And also this week, being Easter, the Catholics down here threw a
big old parade thing. Honestly it was not a parade at all. It was like a
march. They all gathered and marched around the city. In the morning
they passed our house while we were studying and also when we returned
at night. It was kind of scary. I will explain it in the pictures I
send.
The work is going forth here in Acayucan. We have a goal for 4 more
baptisms next month. I have faith that we can do it. Thank you all for
your prayers. I love you all and can not to hear from you all next
week.
Elder George
This is something famous here in Acayucan. It is called La Mata Hombre.
It is a bunch of different meats and cheeses. You then put it on a taco.
Soooo goood.
Baptism of Abish. Do not make fun of the guy in red. He is blind and he is awesome!
Found this at a restaurant we went to! haha
I first saw this crowd of thousands of Catholics in the morning at like 7
Then they came by the house. That is someone representing Jesus Christ
up top and he is carrying the cross. They are also whipping him. From
what I heard they took him to a field and actually hung him up on the
cross for a little bit.
There were literally thousands of people following him. I also took
pictures at night. You can not see anything though. And it was really
different. We were just sitting there when we heard chains and drums
beating outside our window. Everything else was completely quiet. We
looked out and saw thousands of lanterns and instead of Jesus walking
in front, there were grim reapers carrying a tomb. There were like 30 of
them just walking around with chains and drums. It was super scary. And
the thousands of people still followed behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment