Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 24

 28 abril 2014

Well hey out there.

This week was changes. Well I did not get changed. Neither did Elder King. We are staying here in Acayucan for another 6 weeks together. Sweet. 

Well not much happened this week. We went about our days walking in the hot sun and teaching the word. We ran into many less active members this week that had not gone to church in years. We are working with them a lot.
We also had a meeting with our Ward Mission Leader. He said our work with the less-active members was great but we should become more focused on investigators. So we proposed a movie night. It was my idea. I am doing it based on what I saw in our ward with Elder Whitaker and Elder Simkins. We are going to be watching The Testaments. All the members are coming and they are going to invite friends or family that are not members. Then at the church, we are going to present for 5 or 10 minutes about The Book of Mormon. What it is and why it is important. Then we are going to watch The Testaments and pass out copies of The Book of Mormon after. We are also going to enjoy little Mexican snacks like palomitas and bolis and churros. I do not like how they eat popcorn. They load it with hot sauce instead of butter. Barf. I will let you know how the activity goes next week. 

I will end with a little funny story. We ate with a rather old lady one day this week. She made us these little enchiladas filled with carne de porko. While she was making them she leaned out of the kitchen and was like, you Americans like ketchup right? We said yes, not knowing why she asked. Then she served us and on top of the enchiladas was just a mountain of ketchup. Usually there would have been some delicious verde sauce or something. But we still ate it because we did not want her to feel bad. 

Well this week I complete 7 months in the mission. I felt like I just said 6. Time is going by so quick. It is ridiculous. But I love every one of you and wish you a good week. 

Elder George
These are the most delicious things Mexico has to offer- Churros!

Pizza we got earlier this week. It is the Mexican Special. Sooooo good.

Playing some basketball on pday with some other elders. Just throwing it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment