6 Enero 2014
This week was one of the best I have had so far!
So I will begin with Martes. The last day of dos mil trece. I started
to realize how fast time has been going by. It is kind of ridiculous. We
started off by visiting a less active family, Familia Ovando. They
invited us to Pan from the Panaderia. The bread there is sooooooo darn
good and it is super cheep. It is three and a half pesos for each piece
of bread. That is the equivalent of like 30 cents. And the pieces of
bread are gigantic. Some are covered in different kinds of sugar while
others are covered in different kinds of jam. It is so good! After that
we went to teach a less active members husband. He is not a member. We
really did not know much about him. But we taught him the restoration
and he took in all the information very well. He was active in the
lesson and the spirit was very strong. I felt compelled to ask him if he
would be baptized. He said yes! So we have a service for the 8th of Feb
or earlier if the Mission President permits it. But later on we figured
out that the couple was not married so we need to get them married. A
little bit later we figured out the church here might have lost her baptismal records so she might have to get re-baptized but she does not
mind. To celebrate our success and the start of a new year, we had
dinner with Las Locas. It was some sort of pig and a noodle salad. They
call it sopa fría which means cold noodle soup, but it is a salad. I
tried to tell them it was salad and not soup but they would not listen.
So we ate and then we reported back at the house at 8 because it was too
dangerous to be out at night on New Years Eve. So we watched the movie
17 milagros(miracles). It is so good!
Wednesday was kind of a lazy day. It is because literally no
one was home. And there was no one on the streets. Everyone was sleeping
off their hangovers. They do not really have a word for hangover so
they say, What Happened Last Night. I think that is kind of funny. We
ate breakfast with the bishop. We had leftovers. We ate so much. We were
there from 10 to about 1. We talked about missionary work and other
things that were happening in the ward. Then we took the hour walk home
because we could not find a Pochi. Dang I forgot to take a picture of
one. As soon as we got back it was time for lunch. We ate more leftovers
but I was sooooo full from breakfast. I had to force it down. I almost
threw up for two reasons. 1. I was sooooooo full! 2. There was this
thing they they like to eat on New Years that is just disgusting. It is a
piece of white bread that is soaked in this sweet cream and then they
smush it all up with cheese and ham. But the bad thing was it had been
sitting out over night. By far the nastiest thing I have eaten yet. When
we returned to the house, we got a call that we needed to go to the
Immigration Offices in Villa to fill out some things for my Green Card.
At 8 in the morning.
So we reported and got everything done and then we were told
we needed to report to the mission offices because every one was getting
microwaves! We flipped because we were so excited! So we went there and
we got our microwave and then I was given three packages!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttt? I was so
happy! So we had to carry all the packages and the microwave about a
mile to the bus stop, while it was pouring down rain! It is ok though. I
had to wait till we got home that night to open the packages. I got the
ones with the presents from Sara the ones from mom with the Christmas
Tree and the hammock and treats and watch and ties! Oh it was so great.
Then I figured out that you had gotten presents for my companion and the
other two elders we were living with. Why is my family so dang
considerate. Mom, I wish you could have seen the looks of happiness on
their faces when I told them they got presents. My comp received more
from you all then he did from his family. The elder from Mexico and the
Elder from Peru received 0 packages and they probably were not going to
get one. You all literally made their lives! They opened the sour patch
kids right away. They usually do not make sour candy here in Mexico so I
was like be careful elders. Elder Martinez shoved like three in his
mouth. I wish I would have taken a picture of his face. He was sooooo
shocked haha. He said he wants more to play pranks on the other Mexican
Elders. They both say thanks you so much and you are the best. My family
is the best.
Friday we went out contacting with the relief society
president. Her name is Ana Luz. We just went around to all of her
friends basically. Some of them were not home. One of them was and she
was touched by the spirit as we taught. I saw the tears in her eyes. I
could feel the spirit so strong. But after the lesson she told us she didn't want us visiting anymore. Something was holding her back. I think
we are going to try to keep in touch with her.
Saturday was exhausting. We started our 24 hour fast at 3 and
after we went with a member named Diego ( Go Diego GO! ) to a members
house whose girlfriend is not a member. I believe they are cousins. The
girlfriends name is Pamela. We taught her the first lesson and she also
accepted the invite to be baptized. It was such a good visit. The rest
of the day all but one of our plans fell through. Then we tried to visit
something like 10 more families but they were either not home or did
not have time. We did a lot of walking. It was crazy. I started feeling
sick that night. I was shaking uncontrollably and I thought I had a
fever. The Elders gave me a blessing and I went to bed.
I woke up and I felt great! Power of the Priesthood right
there. Church started at 8 instead of 12 because of the new year. With 5
minutes until church started, there was only about 20 people including 4
missionaries that were there. We were a little scared but then like 85
people showed up in the next 10 minutes. It was pretty funny. Our two
new investigators both showed up at church which was very happy to see.
After we got back we had our studies and broke our fast and ate.
Today we found out that we are getting these hook things to
put up our hammocks so we can use them. I will probably use the one you
sent because I do not want to ruin the Mexican one. I will save it for
home. It is going to be Lime Green. Moms favorite color! We should get
them tonight.
I really hope everyone is doing just great! I love my
missionary. I love serving the Lord. I love helping the people of
Mexico. And I love all of you! Hasta la próxima semana.
ATTE
Elder George
Wow this one was long. The pictures are coming :)| We were so happy! You do not even know. You can not even see the Christmas Tree. |
| Our little Christmas. We set the tree up and everything! |
| This is my desk. I am going to take you on a tour of the house. |
| The kitchen. |
| Our bedroom. It's a little messy... |
| Our study area. |
| Us making brownies that you sent. It was this morning while we were doing our wash with a member. |
| The comp with my favorite dog in Villa! His name is Shadow. Yeah he has a English name. Que Raro |
No comments:
Post a Comment