13 Enero 2014
Time is literally flyingggggg!
I loved this week! Just like the others! Mexico is just grand! Even though it is so dirty and scary sometimes.
Tuesday
started off the new week of work. It was a really good day. We worked
with less actives a ton! Also, the hooks that are used to hold in the
hammocks were put into our house. But we have to wait for a while until
the cement dries. Everything here is made out of cement. Houses, roads,
toys even. It is crazy. So I had to wait until the next night to sleep
in my hammock. One of the workers who put in the hammock asked how much I
would sell it to him for. I told him it was not for sale because it is
from my family and I was keeping it forever. Mwahahah. But that night we
attended seminary to see which youth came and who we needed to help
come. They hold it every day during the week at 8 at night. I would have
never gone....
Wednesday while we were working, we got a call from
the Seminary teacher saying someone had stolen her dog. She was frantic.
Her dog reminds me of griffin. Except for she is not over weight. And
she is white. But that dog meant everything to her. The seminary teacher
is like our mom here. She lets us do wash at her house on P day and she
always cooks us breakfast. She is always giving us food. Its great. Her
daughter is on a mission. I think that is why she is doing everything
she can for us. But that night I slept in my hammock. I fell asleep in
it just fine but I had to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of
the night and I was too lazy to get back in it so I just slep in my
bed.
So all throughout the week, we had been handing out
pass along cards that told about an English Class we were having in the
Church on Thursday at 5. We waited at the church for an hour and no one
showed up. It was super dissappointing. That night we got back to the
house and Elder Villena, the elder from Peru, was sitting in a chair and
he was in some pain. He had an ingrown toenail that had gotten out of
control. So Elder Martinez went to work tearing his toe apart and
removing the extra toenail and he put some alcohol on it. He asked me
for a blessing. Of course I agreed and from what I can tell, his toe is
doing much better. I wish I took a picture of his toe. It was grody.
Friday we had Zone Class! The whole zone got
together and the Zone Leaders relayed to us all the announcements and a
small message from the President. It was sooooo good. Also I received a
package that I was not expecting. When I looked to see who it was from,
it said - The Christmas Bells-.... I was so confused. Then I looked to
the address. It was from Arizona. I was like who do I know in Arizona?
Then it hit me. Aunt Janet.
Of course! She sent me a hoody with a giant S in the center. Not
quite sure what it means but I was still super happy to get it! So I
said the closing prayer in Zone Class and they do all the prayers in
English to help the Mexicans learn some English on their mission. It hit
me that I had not said a prayer in English for like 3 months. So we all
got on our knees and bowed our heads. But then I forgot how to begin a
prayer in English! We sat there for like 30 seconds in silence until I
remembered. It was rough. If it is rough now, I wonder what it is going
to be like when I get back.
Skipping to Sunday. We had 5 investigators show up
to Sacrament Meeting! It was so great! When we got back from church, we
found out that our lunch appointment fell through. So our mission mom
(hermana Selva) let us come to her house and cook our macoroni that my
real mother sent. It was so good. Mom, I like how you sent Macaroni with
Tobasco Sauce. Very funny. It was not spicy at all. But good try! We
had a great lesson with one of our newest investigators who is a 16 year
old named Mary. It is not pronounced like you think. She really is
awesome. We are challenging her to be baptized our next visit because we
only had a little time with her.
Welp, theres my week for yah. It was amazing. I hope you all are doing fantastic. I know I am! I love you all so much!
Elder George
| Pochi |
No comments:
Post a Comment