Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 11 "¡Casi 4 Meses!‏"

27 Enero 2014
Holaaaa,

     So next week marks 4 months on my mission. That is like one sixth right? Also there are changes next week. Looks like I will be staying here in Mercedes for another 6 weeks and my companion will go because he will have 7 and a half months here. But that is just a guess. You never know what could happen.
 
     Well Tuesday was kind of interesting. We were visiting an investigator. He is 12. Egdar Clemente is his name. I admit he is a little annoying. He does not pay attention a lot of the time and he gets all in your face and yells. He also likes to fight. He watches a lot of wrestling. So we were visiting him and his mom went out to get some groceries. We were asking him questions about the Joseph Smith movie that we had watched but he would not answer us and was basically ignoring everything we said so we were going to leave. But his mom locked the door and she had the keys. So we had to wait. While we waited Edgar started climbing on my companion and I could see the anger in my companions face. Then Edgar screamed in my companions face. Should not have done that. Elder Lott threw Edgar off his back onto the floor. It hurt. He was balling. So his mom came back and we explained everything. We left and we thought we were never going to be invited back. I literally made my companion go back and apologize. But we worked everything out and we have an appointment with them today at 6.
 
     Wednesday I started to study PMG completely in Spanish. It is helping a lot. My companion said he did not start studying in Spanish until he had a year in the mission. We also found a less active that is a painter. And a darn good one too. We are trying to reactivate him. He said he is going to paint us each something that we want. Like our own personal painting. SWEEET. We had a family night with Familia Couoh. Yeah try to pronounce that. They invited a bunch of their friends over and we watched 17 miracles (great movie!) and we taught everyone how to make brownies. Then we had a small lesson after. We got a new investigator from that activity. It worked out great.
 
     Thursday was really great. We started off by going to a couple of less actives but they were not home. Originally they were not in our plans. We had planned to go to La Venta and see the Relief Society President and contact with her but my companion did not want to take the walk there. But I had a really good feeling that we should, so I persuaded him and we went. When we got there, her neighbor was there. Her name is Ana Maria. We taught her the whole first lesson and we have a baptismal date with her. When we left, I kind of gave my comp the *I told you so* look. We just laughed.
 
     Friday we got a call from one of our investigators saying that they needed our help because his wife was sick and they did not have money to go to a hospital and they needed a blessing. So we ran there. It was the Barragan family. They are long time investigators that do not get baptized because they are not married. We got there and Gloriela was laying in bed. She looked horrible. So we asked her if she had faith that she could get better. She said yes. So I anointed her and my companion sealed it and gave her a blessing. We told her to rest and we would come back later to see how she was doing. We got back later that day but there was a note on the door saying that they were in Villa. We were like Oh Noooooooooo! That means they were at the hospital! We called them and found out that they were not at the hospital. They had gone shopping. They said about an hour after we left, Gloriela got straight up out of bed, feeling 100 times better. After my companion told me what they said on the phone I looked at him and said, THE CHURCH IS TRUE.
 
     Saturday we did a lot of service! We painted the house of Familia Barragan. We also continued working on stripping paint from another families house. Also we got a ton to eat that day. We made breakfast in the morning. Eggs. Then we had breakfast again at the house of Familia Barragan. They made us eggs too but with a pile of salsa and chile on top. It was so good. Then we had lunch two hours later. The family we had it with bought me and my companion 10 empanadas each. They are pretty big. My comp only ate 6 but I was able to finish them off. They were all amazed with how much I could eat. Then later that night, I had one of my dream foods. Elotte. It is the corn from Nacho Libre!!!!!! What it is, is corn on the cob covered in Mayo, then covered in cheese, then they put chile all over it. It is sooooooooooooooooo good! I will send a picture. Then we were invited to tacos that night. I hate tacos de langua (cow tongue). They were good. Not my favorite. But good.
 
     Domingo! We had 3 investigators show up. Kind of a bummer because we were expecting more. So we visited all who did not come after church. Then we visited Familia Barragan again in the night because they invited us to Mondongo. I am not going to tell you what it is. Look it up. It was probably one of the nastiest things I have ever eaten. But I ate it all.
 
    Well that was my week! Hope everyone is good! Hope to hear from everyone next week! 

Con mucho amor
Elder George
 
 
Those are my crazy companions!

This is my companions hammock. It fit all four elders in it. I have one just like it except it is green.

This is my beautiful hammock! I sleep in it every night!

And that is Elotte. The same corn from Nacho Libre. It was so good. I was tempted to knock my companion's Elotte out of his hand and say, "get that corn out of my face!"

No comments:

Post a Comment