Monday, December 30, 2013

Villahermosa: Week 7 "Semana de Navidad"

Hey readers of Steven's blog. I was privileged to be present while Steven skyped in on Christmas Day last week, and wow, he is such a missionary! The coolest part of the whole call was when he recited the First Vision in Spanish. Even though we were just asking him to do it so we could hear him speak Spanish, the spirit was in his words. He knows what he is doing. He was so smiley and in really good spirits! We are so happy that he is doing so great! We also found out he had not gotten any of the four packages we sent for Christmas, even though they had reached the mission home. He and his companion can only check their mail there once a month :( bummer. But he didn't seem sad about it at all. He is the best. Here is his email:

30 Decembre 2013

Familia! Amigos! Como Les Van!? 

     My week was pretty busy as usual. 
     Started off very good. Tuesday we ate so much. Christmas Eve is like Christmas day here. Everyone goes crazy. For that reason, we had to be home early. 8 at night. It is because there are a lot of barrachos (drunks) that roam the streets like zombies. And they can be dangerous. My comp and me were approached by one who grabbed my hand really hard and shook it and didn't let go for a good 30 seconds. Then he pointed to the sky and was just staring up to the heavens so we decided to leave. We came across another who asked for a pamphlet. I hear they do that a lot. They know who we are and I guess while they are drunk they just feel really guilty. So we give them word of wisdom pamphlets. They probably do not read them but it is worth a try. Tuesday we ate a ton of food. We had breakfast at la casa de las locas (the crazies). They are two sisters who really are pretty crazy. They kind of remind me of Allison and Sara except a little older. We had a lunch that was pretty good. I do not know exactly what it was. But cena was buenísimo. We had some pavo (turkey), salchichas (kind of like hot dogs), and espagueti (I bet you can figure what that is). But theirs is not with sauce. It is just noodles and cheese. 
     Christmas day was really great. We worked all day long until 6. That is when we got to skype our familias! That literally made my day! It was so good to see everyone's faces even though they were pretty blurry! I am happy to see that everyone is doing good! 
     All in all this week was fairly good. We did not get to teach as much as usual because of the holidays and a lot of people were gone on vacation. Also because of all the festivities. 
     Funny thing I saw this week. A Mexicano walking around dressed in full Charlotte Bobcats gear. I tried to take a picture of him but that would have been super weird. So I just took a picture in my head. Que raro. 
     So I might be able to get my packages tomorrow if we have a zone class. If not, I will have to wait just a little longer. Maybe by that time I will have three! Quien Sabe?
     I am about to send a bunch of pictures if this computer works! Hasta Lunes otra vez! Les Vayan Bien. I love you all!
Elder George

Tacos. The darker ones are my favorite. They are tripa. Or intestine.

A cute little toy I found.

Our district.


Karina y Vanessa (Las Locas)

Doing service.

A ghetto tree I made! Pretty sweet, huh?

My companion in poop water.

Doing service. Stripping paint off cement is horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment