Monday, December 23, 2013

Villahermosa: Week 6 "Feliz Navidad"

23 Decembre 2013

I decided to start off this email by answering some questions.

1. Sara, I just got mail for the first time. We get it about once a month. So I got about 6 of your letters. And I read them all. I love them! Please do not stop sending them! I got 6 from Sara and two from Mom. So I am just finding out a lot of stuff. I have yet to receive a package if you were wondering. I probably will not get them until sometime next month. But that is ok. I was so happy with the letters! 
2. Weather here. It is very bad. Very unpredictable. For the past week or two it has only stopped raining for one day. And that day it felt like it was in the hundreds. It was miserable. The flooding is sooooo bad! Whenever it floods, all of the poop water floods all the streets and we still have to go walk through it. Barf. 
3. Teaching schedule. We do not start teaching until 12 and from there we have appointments until 8 and we return at 9. We cannot go door to door because there is some law here agianst that so we work with the members a lot! It is great though. 
4. Best types of things to send. FOOOOOOOD
5. Am I the tallest here? Yes. By far. Every one thought my companion was tall until I showed up and I am like 6 inches taller than him. I will be surprised if I do not come home with any severe head wounds because they do not make anything for tall people. I am constantly having to duck. Even when I talk to people because they cannot hear me. It is like I am on a whole different level
 
     I do not have a lot of time today so I am just going to tell you all a couple things that happened this week.
 
     Thursday was very busy. We went to a breakfast with the president of the mission. More like a brunch. The whole mission was there. I saw my companion from the MTC. He is doing very well. I also saw all of the gringas. that came in. I knew some of them from the MTC. They looked scared to death haha. But the President gave us a little Christmas present. A bag of candy and socks. haha. That night we had a ward party for Christmas. It was a blast. Everyone dances. EVERYONE: It is really funny. We got some really awesome references there.
 
     So that is really all the time I have today. i am so excited to skype everyone Wednesday! Whoop whoop! See yah then!
 
Con Amor
Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment