Decembre 9 2013
Familia y amigos,
Welp, this week way super busy as usual. After writing you all last week, we were given a cheese cake by one of the members. I was so excited because I love cheese cake to death. So I got this big old plate of it and took a bite. It was literally pure cheese. Like cheese cheese. No sweetness at all. Barf.
Tuesday we had our first divisions. I was put with one of the zone leaders whose name is Elder Alverez. Yeah he is Mexican. Their area is right in the middle of the city of Villa. Big and populated. We visited a man who had lost his foot to some disease. The elders before us had promised him it would heal and it did not and it had to be removed so he called all the missionaries liars. We shared with him a scripture about the resurrection and how everyones bodies would be perfect. Boom. Not liars. We also visited a couple member families and we found a new investigator. I wish it was in our area..... Then we headed to get some bread for dinner at a panaderia. The bread down here is so gooooood! Panaderias are kind of like bakeries. He did not have any extra blankets or pillows I could use so I barely slept that night.
I was happy to go back to my area the next day. I like the country side of Villa better. It reminds me of home. That night we visited a family and their power went out. So we decided to sing hymns. We started singing Silent Night which in spanish is a little different. It says Noche de Luz which means night of light. And of course when we finished singing that song, the power came on.
Thursday was frustrating. It was one of those days when all of your plans fall through. We did not get any visits in until after lunch. Lunch was enchilladas con mole. Mole is so darn good! That night we were about to head to the Capilla when we got a call from one of the sisters in the ward saying she needed our help. Her older sister, who is about 21 was there and she was bawling. She told us all these stories of when she had sinned and how she just felt so bad and there was nothing she could do. She kept saying Help Me!!! We told her the person she needed to talk to was the Bishop but she is scared of him. I gave her a talk on Grace, the same one that Mom sent me, except in Spanish. It is so darn good. I encourage everyone to either read it, or watch it. Watching it is better because not everything in the written one is in the actual talk. There is much more.
Friday was so great! Karina( the sister who was having trouble) was doing a lot better and I think she is finding the courage to talk to the Bishop. We had Hamburgers for lunch. They are so much better here! Believe it or not! I asked the sister who made it for me what was on it that made it so good. She said pineapple. There was a big chunk of pineapple on it. I think there is a difference in the pineapple here and in the US because it tastes so much better here! Later that day we had a lesson with an investigator and he had prayed and received an answer that the church was true and we set up a baptizm for the 28th of this month! Woohoo! After we went to this big plaza in Villa and sang Christmas hymns infront of thousands of people! It was so great! It was all missionaries from the Villa mission. About 40 of us. We were on the radio.
So Sunday we brought one of our 12 year old investigators to church. His name is Edgar. Also I gave my first talk. It was on missionary work of course. And the Elders sang. There are 4 of us in the ward. My companion also gave a talk and his phone went off during the middle of it hahahahahahahahah. Bien chistoso. We had the same familia who cooked us hamburgers for lunch that day. This time we had fish. I am still not sure what kind of fish it was but it was so tasty. I have pictures, Also while we were eating, a taratula about the size of my hand crawled across my foot. Yeah I freaked. Everyone freaked. The father killed it and then we played with it. I will send pictures haha. That night we all went and listened to the Christmas devotional. It was so darn good!
Well that is all for this week! I hope everyone is doing well! I cannot wait to hear from everyone next week!
Con Amor
Elder George
The fishies we had for dinner. No idea what they are called but they are kind of scary.....
We also had these Kabob things that were soo darn good. Even though they had whole tomatoes on them. And that is the Tarantula we found at dinner. It is so cute. Right? It is as big as my hand spread out.
No comments:
Post a Comment