7 de julio, 2014
So let's just dive right in.
Tuesday was very awesome.
I had divisions with Elder Puruncajas. He is from Ecuador. At night we
were just talking and I realized that Grandma and Grandpa served there.
So I mentioned their last name, Dawson. He stopped and thought for a
second. Then he started to talk about this White couple he remembered in
his ward when he was a kid. A Sister with short hair and a tall bald
man. I was like no way. I showed him a picture of them and he confirmed
that he had seen them before. He lived super close to the Galapagos
Islands. So what a small world. Crazy.
So skipping to the 4th of July! We had a Zone Class
in the morning and I got 7 letters. No big deal. Everyone was jealous.
From there my companion had to get some shots because he has been having
stomach problems and they wanted to see what was wrong with him. turns
out he has some weird infection from eating too much fat. So he is on a
diet. We met up at night with some missionaries from a neighboring area
and we got hamburgers. They were not very American but they still tasted
good. And to make it better, there was a member that showed up and paid
for all of our food.
Sunday was a really great day. We were in Priesthood
and there was a young man getting ordained to the office of Teacher. He
was asked who he would like to do it since his father was not member.
He chose me. It was special. It was my first time and it went smoothly.
His name is Claudio. I love that kid. Last night we were invited to eat
cake with a member because it was her birthday. The cake was alright. It
is just not the same.
Well I hope everyone had a great 4th and that
everyone has a great week. Can not wait to hear from everyone. Pictures
on the way!
Love you all
Elder George
| Me and Puruncajas from Ecuador. |
| I made Bacon on the 4th. It was so gooooooooood. |
| The zone. |
No comments:
Post a Comment