Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 37 "Triste Chilangos"

28 de julio, 2014

Hey Family! 

Wow what a week. This week was crazy. Crazy. Elder Gomez and I have been working our behinds off. 

So if I have not said it already, Elder Lacefield, my companion in the MTC, was here before I was. I am taking his spot. He was in the area since the beginning of his mission. 9 months. And I have heard that missionaries stay forever in this area. So I might be here for a lifetime. But that is ok. I love it here.

So things started getting crazy towards the end of the week. On Thursday, we had our weekly English Class. And of course I had to teach. I really did not plan anything because Elder Gomez told me no one ever shows up. So we went and there were like 9 people there waiting. I punched Elder Gomez in the shoulder. So I gave the class and after everyone was like WOW, that was the best English class ever. I do not know what I did, but I am going to try to keep it up. 

Friday was a crazy day. Me and Elder Gomez are machines. So earlier this week in the street, Elder Gomez had this impression to contact this lady in the street but she had already passed. So we turned around and ran to talk to her. We introduced ourselves and we put an appointment to go to her house. The appointment was this day. So we went and we got there and she looked surprised because she had forgotten. She told us to hold on. While we were waiting, her husband came up to us and started talking. He was kind of rude to us. Not interested at all. But the woman came back, her name is Antonia. She said that her niece was sick and asked us if we could come in and say a prayer for it. We accepted and went in and by the time we were done, the whole family was in tears. The spirit was so strong! Even the father at this time was crying. So we taught a little more and set a appointment to come back. It was great. Family of 6.

Saturday we went out to visit with a member. He has one of the biggest, scariest German Shepards I have ever seen. And it hates us. He always has it on a chain. Well we picked up this member and we started walking down the street when I just heard the sound of chain dragging on the ground. I looked back just to see this giant dog booking it right towards us. So I just take off. However my companion did not hear it and the dog went straight for him. It did bite, but it bit his backpack. And then the member tackled his dog and got it back to the house. My companion views his backpack as some sort of sacred object now. 

This week has been great. We have had lots of success. I love this place. And my companion. I love you all. Have a great week!
 
Elder George
 

My little cactus that I bought!!!
 
 
My companion after his hammock broke in the middle of the night. It was very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment