16 de febrero de 2015
What a crazy week. And that is the truth!
It is good to see that
the package got there and you enjoyed it! I will send another one soon!
Kids. Here is a challenge. With the tops that came in the box, you have
to learn how to spin them with the string and then using the string,
fling to top and catch it in your hand while it is still spinning. If you
can do it before the time I get home, there will be a prize.
Anyway,
back to this week. Early on in the week, we had interviews with the
President and his wife and the assistants of the President. We were
there with them for almost the whole day, learning and practicing on how
to become better. And we got our personal interview with the President.
He gave me a lot of great advice and several compliments that made me
happy. Then at the end, he mentioned that this next week with the
changes coming up, the Lord was going to expect a lot of me, and he was
going to give me a privilege to grow and to help out other
missionaries. He did not tell me what I was going to do but I could not
stop thinking about it all week. It was driving me crazy.
Then
Sunday came around. What a great day it was in the church. I had the
opportunity to give a talk on testimony and conversion. I recited a
couple times from Deiter F Uchtdorfs talk in the past conference on how
to gain a testimony of light and truth. My companion, Elder Alvarado
also gave a talk on conversion. It went super well. Then we gave our
weekly class in Gospel Principles. This week was on the Fall of Adam and
Eve, It is incredible the effects and the blessings that we receive
because of their decisions. And how grateful I am for them.
Sunday
at night, changes came in. We got a call from out Zone Leaders telling
us that my companion was leaving and he was going to Villa the next
morning. The curious part is that they said nothing about me or who my
new companion was or what was my assignment. So today I got to the bus
station to wait on my companion with a couple other elders, not even
knowing the his name or what he looked like. But then came in a couple
of missionaries. And our Zone Leaders and they informed me that my new
companion is Elder Fuentes from Ecuador and that I would still be senior
comp. Then Elder Smiley, the Zone Leader, told me that our district was
being changed a little and that it would be me and my companion and 6
sister missionaries in our district. And that I was going to be their
District Leader. haha.
I really felt overwhelmed at the call
but after came a feeling of relief and joy and I knew that everything
was going to work out fine. This transfer is going to be awesome. I am
going to work my hind end off, and I will try to be the best example I
can be for my district.
I love you all and wish you all a happy Valentines Day! Have a great week!
Elder George
Maritza's baptism.
I busted my hand open blaying basketball. The rim was very rusty.
Me making some flour tortillas. They were delicious.
I'm not sure if you remember this Elder. It's Elder Villena. He is one of
the Elders I lived with in my first area. He came to the same Zone as I
did here in Acayucan and he went home today. He will be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment