Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 58 "Una semana navideña"

22 de deciembre, 2014

Hello all,

So like my header states, this week has been really centered in this Christmas season and the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We spent a lot of time contacting people in the streets, in their homes, in the buses, and in other places, teaching them and explaining the importance of Christmas and the true meaning. But in order for me to do that, I first really had to come to an understanding of the subject, so I studied the topic by reading the Liahona, the scriptures, and other resources and I asked the Lord for help as I made an effort to share this message. I really felt peace and joy as this week went on as we did service in a hospital, listened to the words of our President and his wife, and by going to the ward activities.
 
As I learned about Jesus´s birth, and felt the true spirit of Christmas, I came to realize some things. First is that the birth of Jesus Christ is one of the biggest phenomenons(who knows if I spelled that right) that has ever occurred on the earth. Mary begat the literal son of God. I can not imagine the thoughts that may have run through Mary when the angel told her what was to happen. I know that she was chosen to be His mother, but I can imagine there was at least a little pressure. But anyway, His birth is what we should focus on. The other things are not bad, they are actually good and fortify the family, but we just can not let those things get out of control.
 
I also came to realize that there are a lot of people here that are very aware of Jesus´s birth and just saw us as any other church celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, and that the did not need to watch the video or hear the message about His birth because they already knew the story like the back of their hand. That is when I realized that we had to take what we taught about His birth to a whole different level. So what we have been doing is tying His birth to the Restoration. It is super easy and super effective and it has been a way to enter into the houses and teach many people about this Gospel.
 
I am so very grateful for the birth of Jesus Christ and for the blessings I have received from it. I am grateful for the knowledge I have developed of this gospel and for the comfort it gives me. I am grateful for this opportunity to be here in Mexico to help more and more of Gods children to be able to return and live with Him again. I love you all and miss you all so much. I can not wait to see your smiling faces the Thursday. 
 
Until then,
Elder George
 
The President, his wife, and their daughter and me.

Santa, the missus, my comp and me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment