8 de deciembre, 2014
My dear family, I miss you so much!
So this week was
just amazing. We do work here in Dos Bocas. Everything is just coming
along so great. I am just a happy missionary. This week, we explored an
unknown part of our area looking for an inactive member. We never found
here so we contacted. And we found that the people in this part of our
area are way nice. This part of our area is just pure ranch. It is so
awesome. I will send a picture.
Tuesday we had a
Zone Class and it was great. The main focus was about the new church
Christmas video that streamed. He is the gift. It has proved to be an
effective tool in the work. It really touches the soul. Also I got the
packages (thank you John and Janet for the letter and Brother and Sister
Smith). All 4. I just wish you could have seen some of the faces.
Everyone told me to open one. So I did. And it was the one full of
candy. haha. So I shared with everyone there. It was great. As the week
went on, I gave out more and more things from the boxes. I gave the tree
and an ornament to Hermana Lily. She really appreciated it. She is the
best. So she deserved the best:) I will send a picture.
Also
in this email I would like to include a little of our investigators we
are teaching. We put a baptismal date will a family of 4. The Mom and
her 4 kids. We are working really hard to get the ward council involved.
They just said that we needed to talk to the Dad of the family to get
his permission with everything that is going to happen. So we went with
the first councelor of the bishopric and we met the father who does
have problems with the church but he was going to allow his family to do
what they wanted. But he did not want to listen. So Saturday we had an
appointment and on the way to their house, we ran into the Dad in the
street. He was completely wasted. He told us we could never come back
and how he was going to make it so they did not go to church the next
day. So we did not go. We were so sad. We had also just started a fast
for this family. So we kept on working. We tried to call that family in
the night but they just would not answer. So we just said our prayers
asking God for help. And the next day, we really did experience a
miracle. Just before Sacrament Meeting started, the family came walking
through the door. I almost did not believe it. She told us what had
happened. That morning the Dad said they were forbidden to go. She then
stood up, grabbed her kids and told her husband that she was taking her
kids and going to church because she wanted to go to the Celestial
Kingdom not anywhere else and if he wanted to join them, he could, but
they were going. Then she walked out the door. When she told us that,
my joy was complete. I just wanted to hug her. I will tell you more about them next week.
Today
we went to the beach. It was better this time because the whole
district came and we played soccer on the beach. There were goals there
and everything. It was a blast. But I am very burnt. And exhausted.
Well I love you all so much and can not wait to see all of your smiling faces this Christmas! I might cry! Have a great week!
Elder George
No comments:
Post a Comment