18 de augusto, 2014
On
Tuesday, we had a very interesting lesson. It started with us doing
service for a lady. We helped her move. She then allowed us to have a
dicussion with her. She is in her 30s I would say. She does not believe
in God. Or anything for that matter. She only believes in herself and
her own strength. It was very unusual. But we tought her about God. We
taught her about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. We asked her if she
would start believing if she received a answer directly from God. She
said yes and that she had been waiting for an answer for many years but
she had never got it. So we invited her to pray. She declined. She said
she could not. She said how could she pray to someone that she does not
believe in. We told her it is the only way she would receive an answer.
But she wanted something more. She wanted a miracle, like a lightning
bolt or something big like that. But I feel impressed that she will
never receive an answer this way. That is just not how God works. He
works through his Spirit in our feelings and thoughts. She is just not
willing to accept that the feelings of peace and joy that she gets comes
from the Spirit, not from her own personal accomplishments.
On Friday, we had a Special Zone Conference/Activity
with the President and his family. It was so much fun. I love
President. He is a great man. We had a little devotional and then we
went to the Ruins of Comalcalco. They were small but they were super
cool. And I got sun burnt really bad. It was so hot. I will send lots of
pictures. Later that night I went on divisions with an Elder from
Veracruz. His name is Elder Ballesteros. He is super short and super
funny. He is one of my Zone Leaders. The other ZL had to go to my area
to interview Francisco for his baptism.
On Saturday, the day of the baptism, we got up early
and cleaned the font and about half the church including the bathrooms
so everything looked nice. The baptismal service was so great. Me and
Elder Gomez sang, Lead Kindly Light in Spanish. I had the awesome privileged to baptize Francisco. The feeling to help someone get on the
right path in life is so great. The opportunity to be a missionary is
just amazing. What we have been called to do. In our youth. It is
something hard to describe. The next day me and my companion confirmed
Francisco a member and gave him the Holy Ghost. He shared his testimony
and it was so strong. He is going to be a great leader some day.
Well that is about it for this week. It feels good
to be fulfilling with what the Lord has commanded me to do. Oh and one
more thing. I got a haircut today and the guy messed up and now I am
almost bald. It is ok though. My hair will grow back....
Love you all. Have a great week.
Elder George
| This is my District. Elder Escobar (from Columbia), Carbojal (from Chihuahua), Me, and Gomez (Mexico City). |
| I ran down all of those hills. It was super fun. |
| This is Francisco. I am really burnt in this picture. Wow. |
| Represent NC. I am so bald!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment