Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 39 "¡No Manches!

11 de augusto, 2014

What a great week!

I did have some sketchy moments though. Here are a few. 

First I electrocuted myself trying to get the ceiling fan in our house to work. But no damage done. My companion thought it was super funny.
 
Second, we found a giant spider in our bathroom. It was like something from my nightmares. I will send you the pictures.
 
Third, we got on a bus to go to a part of our area by the beach. It is like a 20 minute ride. So we got on and we sat down near the back. It was not very full and most of the people were to the front of the bus except for this one man. He was sitting and looking out the window when we first got on and I could not see his face. I saw that he had paint thinner in his hand and a little rag. I was like hmmm. Thats weird. Why does he have paint thinner. Then it hit me. Druggy. Then he turned and looked at me. His eyes were cookoo. I was like oh no. We made a mistake getting on this bus. So then we watched him inhale his stuff for a couple minutes and then he just started to stare at me. For like 5 minutes straight. It was not just any stare. He looked at me like he hated me. I felt so uncomfortable. Then he went cookoo and just started smiling and laughing crazily and he tried to get me to look at him but I would not. We finally arrived at our destination and ran off the bus. After me and Elder Gomez just looked at each other with relief. Elder Gomez was telling me he was praying that whole ride and was hoping that guy did not have a weapon. Believe me, I was too. 

This week, we are going to baptize a young man named Francisco. He is a really awesome young man. He is 21. He received his answer that the church was true while we were there with him. We said a prayer together on our knees for him to find out for himself. When we finished, he just looked up at us and smiled. He said, Now I know. So we are very excited for Saturday. 

Well there is my week for you. It was a good one. I love you all. I am so thankful to have a big happy family that loves the Lord. I could not ask for more. 
 
Atte
Elder George
 
This is the stupid spider. We killed it. No mercy here.

This is in Torno Largo. It is the Intercoastal. I still have not been on the beach yet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment