16 de marzo de 2015
Hey y'all, so this week was great!! I had a lot of learning opportunities.
This
past Monday, I was preparing to give the district class for Tuesday
when I got a call from the Zone Leaders telling me that I was to report
to Villahermosa the following day for a special training for the
District Leaders in the mission. So at 3 on Tuesday, I went to Villa.
Elder Aguilar, another District Leader here in Acayucan come along with
me. We were super excited. So along the way as we passed throught the
other cities, more and more missionaries piled on the bus. Elder
Lacefield ( my MTC companion) got on the bus. It was the first time I
had seen him since I was in Gaviotas. A good year. So It was good to be
able to see him again. I also saw some other good missionaries that had
become my friends. It was super happy. It reminds me of when Alma finds
the sons of Mosiah again. But the bus ride took forever. It was a good 5
or 6 hours. So we got to Villa and we stayed the night in the
assistants house. Then in the morning, we all reported to the offices
and there was President and his family. The training lasted a good
while. I learned a lot about being an example for my district. And
President also talked to me directly because I have a district with pure
sisters. He said that I needed to teach the best District Classes. They
need to be powerful and inspirational. That is because I cannot go on
divisions with the sisters and I cannot call them. So he told me that
the class was crucial. I kept that in mind.
So we finished
off the training meeting and headed back to our areas. (and I got the
package! It was awesome! Thank you all so much!)
So the next
day was the District Class. I prepared it a little differently than my
first one and focused it more on the needs of the sisters and of their
investigators. I helped them out the best I could and also gave them
some advice and some examples with how they could better their teaching techniques. And also at the end, I gave them the girl scout cookies.
Mwhahahahahahahah, I think I have their confidence now. They devoured
them.
Well I have a class to prepare for tomorrow, and I big
week ahead. It is crazy that Allison goes home next week. It feels like
just yesterday when I was with her in the MTC. Good times. Well hope
everyone has a great week.
Love you all very much!
Elder George
We went to a sisters house and made some yummy things out of bananas.
This is me just eating a chile habanero. No biggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment