Hello all you awesome people.
I had a crazy week. By Friday, I was feeling up to full strength and the cold is now gone! Mwahahaha. I hate colds.
Tuesday,
I had an awesome experience! Hermana Lily took us to a little town very
far away. It is like 2 hours away in bus, but she took us in her car.
We visited a lot of less active members. These members are very poor and
it was a very humbling experience for me. The amount of work these
people have to do to go to church is ridiculous. But they say it is
worth it all and we also testified to them that it was. One sister had a
large portion of land that was just beautiful and we picked a ton of
oranges. It was great. I love that lady. I am pretty sure the water I
made from those oranges killed my cold. What a blessing that was. We
spent almost the whole afternoon there. It was such a beautiful place
because there was not as much trash and pollution. I will send pictures.
On
Wednesday, we had a surprise movie night with my converts, María del
Carmen and Alfonso. We brought Soda and popcorn and the Restoration
movie. They loved. it. I loved it. I love that movie. And every time we
watch it, I point out that I know the Joseph Smith that prayed. They are
always like NO Way! It is fun. But my favorite part of it all is at the
end when the movie ends and there is just that peace and joy. That is
the Spirit testifying and thats also when I like to bear my testimony
because I just receive this rush like I have to say something. It was a
great night.
On Friday, we had a Zone Conference with the
President and his wife. It was great. They are great people. I left very
inspired and ready to go to work. I was also able to see Elder Rios
again. He is now in the offices as secretary of materials. He says that
he enjoys it. Also this day my companion completed two years in the
mission. That's crazy. I can not even imagine. He leaves in two weeks. He
complains to me all the time that his contract is up and he should be
in his house by now. I punch him in the shoulder and tell him to be
quiet and to stop thinking about that and focus on the work while you're
here. The Lord has given him extra time for a reason and he sees it as a
punishment or something. How sad.
And today we played soccer
as a District. I was going to clear a ball and as I went to kick it,
our DL came out of nowhere and kicked the ball out from underneath,
causing me to kick him straight in the knee. I kicked it so hard. You
would think that I would have hurt him but no he was fine. I was the
hurt one. My foot has been giving me problems all day so today we are
going to the doctor. I hope it is ok. Pray for it. Please.
Well that is all. I love you all so much and hope you have the greatest week.
Con amor,
Elder George
| In Chiltepéc with Orozquito. |
| Can you spot Elder George? |
No comments:
Post a Comment