Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Villahermosa: Week 27 "¡Eja!‏"

19 mayo 2014

Familia,

What a week.
 
It actually started off with a scare. Tuesday night. About 1 in the morning while we were sleeping, I woke up and it was raining pretty hard. I was like ohhhh yeaaahhh, because we had not gotten rain in forever. Then it just started coming down harder and harder to where we could not sleep. Then the lightning started. It was literally all around us. It struck our house and the power went out. Then the rain started coming in through the bottom of our door. It lasted for about 2 hours. I took a video. I almost caught lightning striking our neighbor's house across the road. It was probably the most intense storm I have ever been in. Our power came back on at about 5. I gave a prayer of thanks for our protection.
 
The next day was a bad day. We were so sleep deprived, but we continued working. We were told that that storm was the first of many to come during these rainy seasons. But it has not rained the rest of the week. It is actually starting to get a little hot again.
 
As far as our investigators right now, they are great for the most part. We found a new kind of older lady that a sister in our ward brought us to. She is super Catholic. She basically told us that we could come and talk to her about the ´word of God´ , but the second we asked her to be baptized or to go to church, she was done. So we will see how that goes. We have a lesson tonight with an investigator named Dulce. We are going to invite her to be baptized. We think she is ready. She has already told us that she wants to learn more about the church. And that she really enjoys going. It is just that her Grandma is super Catholic and is not very fond of other religions and Dulce said that her brother converted to JW and her gma got so mad that she got really sick. I do not know if that was the reason of her illness but ok. But we are teaching about faith and how everything will be alright if she follows what the Spirit teaches and tells her.
 
Well pictures are on the way! I love all of you! Have a great week.

Elder George
 
Just some iguanas chillin. Gettin ready to be cooked.


 
Forgot to mention that we stormed the mother's day party at the church and gave all the mothers a rose. Now they all love us if they did not before. Mwahahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment