More on Elder George's first week as a missionary. And we finally have a picture :)
18 Novembre 2013
Where to begin?
How
about as soon as I stepped off the airplane. I started sweating
something fierce. It is so humid. But I went through security there. Did
not understand a word anyone was saying to me. They had to act out what
I had to do for me to understand. It was super embarrassing. But oh
well. As soon as I past security, there was the Mission President
standing there with a video camera taping us as we came out. It was hysterical. But I met him and his family and some members that came with
him. We packed our things up in his van and left for some taco place in
Villa. We got there and this place was considered nice. It was not in
Americas standards. But we ate tacos. I was like ok. I like tacos. They
were called tacos al pastor. It is like beef. They had an array of
things to put on it. I decided to go all out. I put everything on it
they had. BIG MISTAKE. The president told me that this green sauce was
bien pecante. I did not know what that meant. I thought he said it was
good but that means pretty hot. I took my first bite and my face
immediately turned bright red and I started sweating profusely. I did
not want to finish but the president said I needed to finish it so I
did. I still cant feel my mouth....
That night we stayed at the house of some missionaries that lived
in Villa. They both slept in hammocks while the four gringos slept on
the floor. Their living conditions were pretty poor.
That
next day we started by eating Choco Krispis. (Mexican Version of
chocolate rice krispies) We went to the missionary head quarters and had
a couple meetings. One of which was where we would meet our new
companions. They called me up on the stand and the Mission President
chose our trainer. My new companion is Elder Lott, from Utah. Also a
Gringo. He has been out for 15 months. We get along really well.
We are assigned to serve in a small little town called Mercedes.
Our living conditions are considered a lot better than most. I will send
a picture.
The people here speak so darn fast. I am getting
better at understanding but I am struggling most with speaking. It is
coming along though. My companion is like an expert at Spanish.
The food is so good. I have had mostly chicken and tacos but I have
also had a lot of beans and salad and platanos fritos. Nothing too
bizarre yet.
Let me send some pictures. I am strained on time this week. Sorry.
I love everyone so much and I hope everyone is doing well!
Con Amor
Elder George
| Guess how old she is. |
Sidenote: Steven never says how old the lady in the picture is.
No comments:
Post a Comment